B told me a while ago that we didn't need to decorate. I was OK with that. We have a lot going on with the babies etc. Decorating seemed like one extra thing that I didn't mind skipping. But then we went to the store. The got so darn excited in the holiday aisles that I thought shoot- they would love some decorating.
I only have 1 20 gallon tote. B told me this was sad. So we raided nana's holiday supplies. It was so funny. Every box (all 26 of them) contained a new very special item. Something that was so extraordinary, so exciting that it required screaming, dancing or just plain admiration.
My mother loves santa. She has every santa item ever created. The items that caught the girls eyes were large talking or singing Santa's My favorite ones were singing santas. You could see the girls toe tapping or dancing along. It was as if they had a contagious itch. They would be talking and then one foot would tap, and then the other. Soon the hips would be swinging. A kept telling me to act with JOY. JOY!
B took one of the singing Santa's and put three large bins in front of him. She told me it was in case anyone wanted to throw him money. She then found a picture of the girls and put it on the floor in front of Santa so he had an audience to sing and dance for. I am can't even type this without laughing. How does she know about busking?
Whatever. I think I will be collecting x-mas stuff this off season. The girls had a great day decorating and talking and thinking about Santa. B informed me that she would be asking for night vision goggles so she can read in bed. I told her to lay back and think about what she wanted. She said "No, I am going to talk to santa through that." She points to the smoke detector. "He has me on a video camera at all times."
I am glad santa didn't have that kind of technology when I was a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment