Monday, October 18, 2010

crying in the middle of the night

We had crying in stereo last night. One upstairs, one downstairs but both started at the same time. I can't figure out why, or what triggered it... but I won't ask the details. No problem right, there are two of us. Oh.. wait... huge house, big guy is three floors below. He has no idea about the crying. Baby #1, R was closest so I picked her up out of the crib. She went right back to sleep on my shoulder. Some how, soothing her seemed to soothe the baby downstairs that was crying. Nice. Weird, but nice.

I rocked a bit with the babe, why not? She was up. But then baby #2 (A) was crying again. "momma, I lonely, Mama!" So I put down one and went to pick up the other. She was saying lonely lonely, all alone" (Note: to read properly, sub all L's with W's). I went in and she was on the carpet by the floor supremely uncomfortable. I picked her up and she said "sweet momma." I asked her if she wanted me to lay with her a bit. She said "no.. NO!" I put her in bed and she snuggled in and said "thanks." I leaned in to kiss her and she giggled (eyes closed) and said "no worry momma" (Note, R's are also W's) "I not lonely now. I sleepy."

What a sweetie.

No comments: