Thursday, October 7, 2010

Minneapolis. That's right MINNEAPOLIS.

I love Minneapolis.  Yesterday, I rode all over the city.  I took the hiawatha bike path, the midtown greenway, the loring greenway and back home through ALDS traffic.  It was amazing.  On Monday, I rode to an appointment along the river. 

Aside from biking, we have awesome museums.  The girls (3,2,1) LOVE the MIA.  They request to go back.  B informed me that she thought that it was time for Art a Whirl again.  On Thursday, they begged to go to the history museum.  

Theater?  Music?  We have it all.  We are raising kids who have been to 10 professional shows (at least) per year.  They have heard musicians that some have never heard of.  We aren't doing anything fancy - we just take them to enjoy the city.  As it is.  Sometimes dirty, sometimes naughty, but always fun. 

Sports? They have been to Twins games and Swarm games (StP, shhh).  I almost fell out of my chair when B yelled at the table one day "Who's that goal tender?"  They listen, they engage, they are wonderful. 

Thanks Minneapolis, we love you.  The girls can even pick your beauty out from photos of other skylines. You are just that beautiful.  

No comments: